chucklesthescot's Reviews > Armageddon's Children

Armageddon's Children by Terry Brooks

May 04, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction, fantasy, dystopian-sf
Recommended for: fantasy fans who like elves in their story
Read from September 29 to October 01, 2009 , read count: 1

A group of children are living on the streets of a deserted city,inhabited by the sick,the supernatural and the unwanted while people live in fortified sport stadiums to protect against the forces of evil.When a rival gang are murdered by some new monster the children decide they have to escape.Meanwhile,a protector is on his way to the city to find one special child with the power to defeat the evil.One of the few others to stand against the evil forces is trying to outrun a demon sent to kill her and her path will lead to the same children.
Part one of a trilogy and I was really enjoying this end of the world type tale following the kids,the mysterious stranger, and Angel on the run.I was hooked until we started leaving their stories to go to a colony of Elves and a Magic Tree that wants to move house.That stuff just doesn't interest me and I kept skipping those chapters.I don't like the fantasy ones that go into elves and dwarf type things so I totally lost interest.Sadly I won't be looking at the rest of the trilogy because of it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armageddon's Children.

Michelle Oh, darn it! I am reading this book, and am enjoying the dystopian feel-- but then it jumps ship and delves into fantasy/Tolkien type stuff?? UGGHH, if I would have know that, I might not have started this book. I will finish it, who knows- maybe I will like it.

Joshua If you like the human parts of this story more than the Elven ones, I'd say you'd probably like The Word and the Void books more than Shannara. :) Just a suggestion... Have a good day!

chucklesthescot Thanks Joshua, might just look into that!