Zachary Planto's Reviews > Letters from the Earth: Uncensored Writings

Letters from the Earth by Mark Twain

Apr 07, 10

Read in April, 2010

Having picked this book up on a whim, I can only say that I am content with the seemingly exorbitant price I paid due to a severe lack of patience on my own part. Letters From the Earth proved to be a wit filled examination from Twain's dust collecting desk, and while it certainly never flexed the innards of my skull, it reminded me of who Mark Twain was as a human being. Much like the collection Who Is Mark Twain?, this series of stories seems to have gone largely overlooked by the highly established fan base of the white suit wearing madman (and not my fan base, mind you, I only wish I had a white suit to call mine own). From the desert dry tongue of Satan himself arises the most prominent of the short stories within this concise collection, an examination of the birth and development of humankind. As custom, Twain delivers devastating cuts at well marked groups and individuals, the well sharpened pages of these stories sending stabs of pain through any unintended audience. Brash and undiplomatic as the devil it portrays, I cannot take any action but to recommend this book in bouts of logorrhea to all I know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Letters from the Earth.