Kathy's Reviews > Weathered Too Young

Weathered Too Young by Marcia Lynn McClure

I’ve read this a few times and I enjoy it more each time I read it. I think this is probably in my top five McClure books. I really love it!

Lark is used to taking care of herself and the book starts with her looking for somewhere to work for the winter before moving on again. When the opportunity to work as a housekeeper for the Evans brothers comes up, she jumps at the chance. Tom Evans is a friendly guy, always quick to smile and likes to make sure everyone around him is taken care of. I truly loved his character. Old Slater Evans (he’s younger than me, btw) has lived a rough life and just wants to mind his own business and run his ranch. They accept Lark into their homes and quickly into their hearts.

I liked Lark quite a bit. She is a hard worker and extremely kind. Knowing her background makes it even more amazing that she has maintained such a kind heart. The romance in this one was just perfect for me, they have great chemistry. There is a little of the whole “I’m not good enough for her” and “he could never love me” going on, but I didn’t mind it here. There is even a small love-triangle, but it kind of faded out. I wouldn’t have minded if that had been explored a little more. I liked the setting and there are some great moments, I still laugh about her first branding experience.

Overall, a fun western and one I’d recommend!

Content:
Romance: Clean, just some fun kissing.
Violence: Mild (view spoiler)
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weathered Too Young.

message 1: by Hannah (last edited Nov 03, 2011 05:33AM) (new)

Hannah I know I'm getting old when 30-ish seems like a babe in the woods :)

Sounds like a great book - looks like you've re-read it quite a bit!

Good review, Kathy!

message 2: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Loved your review, Kathy! This will be my first Marcia McClure's book and I can't wait to read it!

Kathy Maria- I just reread this one and fell in love all over again. Hope you enjoy it!