Rachelle's Reviews > A Beautiful Blue Death

A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch

Apr 07, 2010

liked it

Do you ever crave a good mystery? I think I know why some of them are called cozies…because they make you want to sit with a nice cup of tea by a fire, with a kitty or two on your lap…and get lost in the intriguing ‘who dunnit’. A Beautiful Blue Death, the first in the Charles Lenox series, is just such a book. The story is told from the perspective of wealthy Charles Lenox, a Victorian gentleman, who happens to dabble in solving crimes. The plot centers around a tad confusing murder mystery, in which Lenox’s neighbor, the beautiful lady Jane, his brother, and his best friend become involved in solving. But, the mystery is the least of the story – I found the society events, teas and dinners that Lenox attends to equal the details of solving the case. I don’t want to spoil this fun little book with too many details…but I will say that I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a good mystery.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Blue Death.