Brandi ;)'s Reviews > Doom with a View

Doom with a View by Victoria Laurie

Oct 20, 10

bookshelves: ghosts-immortals-of-all-kinds, 2010, fbi-cops-pi-slueths, its-a-mystery, pnr
Read from September 29 to October 19, 2010

I've always enjoyed this series. However, I seem to always figure out who the bad guy is way, way before Abby even gets a clue. I know the psychic thing isn't perfect and she can't automatically know everything, there wouldn't be a story then. BUT she seems to 'dumb out' when putting things together when her psychic intuition isn't working. That would be fine to a degree, but even I (regrettably with NO psychic powers what so ever) can figure it all out by simply adding together the things she already knows. No psychic abilities, period.
Wow, if your Abby's friend, chances are your going to become a millionaire! Milo won the lottery, millionaire. Dutch has a security business, millionaire. Candice's grandma dies and low and behold, you guessed it, now Candice is a millionaire and didn't even know her Granny was so wealthy. Let's see.....oh, the handyman...well, he's not a millionaire but he's moving to Texas to work for an relative and it's going to bring him lots of work and money. I want to be Abby's friend! I live in Texas already and this is where they are all (yes, all her friends) are moving in the next book! Which even after all of my lil' fit throwin' above, I am going to read. Like I said, I do enjoy this series. Laurie is a fun writer and these books have that Agatha Christie/Nancy Drew but with psychic powers appeal. They make me smile, even thru a little eye rolling. A little bit predictable, but a fun read none the less. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doom with a View.

10/02/2010 page 54
10/19/2010 page 186
55.0% "So does everyone who knows Abby become a millionaire cause if so, sign me up as a friend!"