Michelle's Reviews > Shopaholic Ties the Knot

Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella

Apr 06, 2010

Read in March, 2010

I can't help it--I totally root for Becky Bloomwood. She's so gosh darn plucky. And I love Luke--sweet, handsome, totally stays out of Becky's way as she screws up then fixes her life. Actually, now that I think about it, he's kind of very flat, but whatever, sometimes I just need a strong, smart man who loves his woman unconditionally (I'm looking at you, Edward Cullen). And how can we not love Becky's parents? Ugh, I want English parents like this (this is what I imagine all English parents to be like, which I know can't possibly be true). I just want them to be kind of zany and plan my wedding and garden reception for me and be 100% supportive, to the point of complete and utter blindness to all of my faults. Now that I'm thinking about it, really everybody is 100% Becky--Suze, Becky's boss, etc.--people just completely fall for her and support her even though she screws up for 95% of these books.

Oh, Becky, your weddings are so unlike what mine will be like. In some ways, I am so grateful for that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shopaholic Ties the Knot.