MFMoroney's Reviews > The Titan's Curse

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

U 50x66
May 04, 10

Read from April 06 to May 04, 2010

Summary:
Five heros, including Percy Jackson, are on an adventure to save their friend Annabeth and also discover a terrible truth.

passage:

" Stars, Zoe repeated. Her eyes fixed on the night sky. And then she closed her eyes and did not move again.
Thalia lowered her head. Annabeth gulped a sob, and her father put his hands on her shoulders. I watched as Artemis cupped her hand above Zoe's mouth and spoke a few words in ancient Greek. A silvery wisp of smoke exhaled from Zoe's lips and was caught in the hand of the goddess. Zoe's body shimmered and disappeared.
For a moment I didn't see anything different. Then Annabeth gasped. Looking up at the sky, I saw that the stars were brighter now. They made a pattern I had never noticed before-a gleaming constellation that looked a lot like a girl's figure-a girl with a bow, running across the sky.
" Let the world honor you, my Huntress," Artemis said. "Live forever in the stars."

I chose this passage because it showed that not all deaths are bad. That when someone dies, they go where they want to go, like how Zoe Nightshade wanted to go to the stars when she died.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Titan's Curse.

message 1: by SKBeale (new)

SKBeale in your opinion do you think that people, when they die, go to were they want to be most, like Zoe did?

MFMoroney well yes, but whether you want to go to heaven or hell , or in this case the stars, depends on your actions on earth.

message 3: by SKBeale (new)

SKBeale oh