Kathy's Reviews > The Emerald Talisman

The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos

Jan 16, 12

bookshelves: vampire, 2012, fun-series
Read from September 18, 2011 to January 17, 2012

January 2012: Did a quick re-read to refresh my memory before starting the last book. Enjoyed it, but was a little turned off by Julia's quick obsession with Nicholas. Otherwise a fun read.

September 2011: I guess I enjoyed this one. I’m still wavering between my rating. I really wanted to like it, and for the most part I did. I guess the one thing that bothered me most was the relationship between Julia and Nicholas. It just wasn’t that believable for me. I just can’t believe Julie would be so into a guy that she only interacted with for about an hour. They kind of had a conversation and the rest of the book we hear about how much she wants to be with him and only him. Even with her special abilities it was hard to believe. But, if I overlook the “love-at-first-sight” angle, I did enjoy the story. I liked the different take on vampires and their origins. After reading reviews for the next two books I’m actually pretty curious to see what happens. I thought it was pretty well written, but felt the dialog at times was a little lacking. I guess any vampire book nowadays is really going to remind me of Twilight. If you like vampire stories then you will probably enjoy this one.

(As of today, Sept 20, 2011, The Emerald Talisman is free on Amazon Kindle).
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Emerald Talisman.

09/19/2011 page 51
18.0% "Reminds me a little of Twilight, but I'm enjoying it."
01/15/2012 page 1
0.0% "Decided to re-read first two books before reading Onyx Talisman."
01/16/2012 page 75
27.0% "I like it as much as the first time reading it. Just a little frustrated with Julia and how obsessed she got after meeting Nicholas ONCE. Wish that would have been toned down a bit, but otherwise a fun read."
show 2 hidden updates…