Nina's Reviews > Impossible

Impossible by Nancy Werlin

Apr 08, 10

Lucy, seventeen, is adopted and lives with Leo and Soledad.
They are loving foster parents and they love Lucy to death. Lucy knows her birthmother, Miranda, who is mentally ill, living on the streets and is always singing a song that Lucy can’t get out of her head. A song that plays a huge part in the story.
Lucy is a strong, smart girl and knows what’s good for her and what’s not. After the prom (from hell) she gets pregnant and the curse that happened to her mother is going to happen to Lucy.
When she finally believes in the curse, I was glad to see that her family and Zach believed it too and wanted to help her anyway they could.

Zach’s character is wonderful. I loved him from the start and knew he would be good for Lucy. The sentence that got me laughing was: ‘We formed the Fellowship of the Ring when we should’ve all just gone on medication.’ This was in the beginning and I seriously thought he was right at that moment.

The story is fast paced and it got me going trough the hours. I seriously didn’t wanted to put the book down and I didn’t. The writing is very good and I could picture everything right there in my mind while I was reading it.

The ending is awesome. No way to describe that one better, it’s not at all how I thought the story would end. Gosh, the last two pages put a big, happy smile on my face and really that’s how I like a story to end.

Final note: The Elfin Knight, I pictured him as Richard Armitage. Tall, blue eyes, dark hair..yep.
Picture perfect.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Impossible.