Elizabeth Lloyd's Reviews > Surrender of a Siren

Surrender of a Siren by Tessa Dare

Apr 25, 10

bookshelves: fiction-romance
Read from April 08 to 09, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

After I came to like Sophia by the end of Goddess of the Hunt, I was excited to follow her adventures into Surrender of a Siren, and Tessa Dare crafted a story that absolutely lived up to my expectations.

Sophia is still a bit delicate and foolhardy, traits that didn't endear her to Lucy in the beginning of the series, but as she stumbles through this book, she grows into a stronger woman. She and Gray lie to each other repeatedly, concealing their origins, and yet they're more open and true to themselves with each other than with anyone else: a perfectly balanced combination.

This was a very different story from Goddess of the Hunt in the sense that the background characters largely remain in the background; almost the entirety of the action and drama is contained to just the main couple. Yet the story never felt narrow or lacking in depth, because the backstories that Sophia and Gray carry with them are so present in all of their thoughts and choices. I loved watching Gray fight to keep to his promise of turning respectable and Sophia trying to reconcile the adventures she has always dreamed of with a reality that is both less and more than she imagined. A fantastic continuations of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender of a Siren.