Ami's Reviews > Take My Picture

Apr 05, 2010

bookshelves: mm-romance-or-erotica, 5-stars_rating
Read in April, 2010

OMG, I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!

I think for the first time, EVER, I cried during the "I love you" scene. Maybe because I feel like I have been holding my breath from the beginning, being frustrated when reading both Jake and Aaron's thoughts of one another, knowing how strong their connection are, but they seem NOT doing anything about it.

It's emotional and so wonderful reading their journey. The story grips me to the very end. The banters are fresh and funny. Aaron with his ADD tendency, while Jake is more on the reserved part, though he also seems to need Aaron to function well. It reminds me of this small movie where I feel similar (Mozart and the Whale). So when I read that part, my tears just flow down, and I sobbed like a baby. Seriously, it might seems silly, but that's what happens. I think this is going to be one of my favorites of all time, when it comes to M/M romance. This is how the story should be, I guess.
24 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take My Picture.

03/21 marked as: read

Leslie Nicoll Ami, great review. I loved, loved, LOVED this book too. I sobbed through the whole second half. It was a completely emotionally satisfying book. I loved it.

Leslie

message 2: by Ami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ami Yes, I know, I was crying the second half of the book. It's like such a relief when I read Jake finally tells Aaron how he feels.

message 3: by ElaineY (new) - added it

ElaineY I'm finding it hard to picture a '12 year-old kid' as one of the protags. I like my men to look like men.