Laurie Garrison 's Reviews > Shadow of the Vampire

Shadow of the Vampire by Meagan Hatfield

Apr 25, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, keepers, netgalley, favorites
Read from April 19 to 23, 2010

This was a excellent read! Hatfield has a wonderful talent that shows bright in this highly intense action packed sexy book. The talent she has is to take you in depth in the characters in a short length of time and add so many twist and turns you can’t seem to turn the pages fast enough to learn what’s happening next. In this book you get tons of intense action, torture, fighting, (dragons against vampires), betrayal, HOT Sex, and a huge cliffhanger that really makes you want the next book or maybe its two books yep, that’s it two books. I would like to give a warning to those that are of the faint of heart ,there is a lot of torture in the first of the book for both Declan and Alexia, so be prepared it starts right off. With everything going on in this book I never felt lost or confused on who is who or what is what. The way Meagan writes it, its very easy to read and understand.

What would you do if the woman that compels you with hot passion is your enemy? The very one that could have killed or had a hand in killing of your parents, then she is the one that captures you and beats you then throws you in a dungeon. Is she the brutal monster or someone else? If not, is there anyway he can keep her without his family killing her.
They both also have another problem, she is a vampire and his family won’t accept her unless she is a dragon, now how are they going to be able to jump through that hoop.

Now for Spoilers! If you want to know more.
There is so much in this story I don’t want to give out to much, but yet I want to touch on what I enjoyed most, the only thing is I have a problem with that because I enjoyed it all. There’s a war going on between the vampires and the Dragons. Alexia (vampire) is soon to be queen, her mother (named Catija, vampire) is being controlled by the evil general ( named Lotharios, vampire). Alexia’s mother and the evil general kills the King and Queen of the dragons, well lets just say the dragon King and Queen was pretty much tortured to death by them. Now Alexia needs a crystal to have power, so this is were we get into the action, Alexia knows Declan (dragon) has it so she captures him in hopes he will tell her where the crystal is, when he doesn’t comply he thrown in the dungeon, later she comes to see him to see if she can get more information out of him, but what she finds is an attraction between each other. I know this is one big spoiler here, I just cant resist. After Declan and Alexia escape Declan is still in week state, but when Alexia is thrown off a cliff he jumps and changes into a dragon in mid flight avoiding the pain and the hard rain trying to get her, This is one intense moment where you really can’t turn the pages fast enough to see how he gets her and makes it back up the high cliff.

I do believe this book will hit this top of my favorites of this year right now it’s tied with the top one so far, that’s how much I enjoyed this story. I would recommend this book to anyone that reads PRN reader even some UF readers that enjoy a little sex would like this book.
Dragon Warrior will be released in 2010 check out Meagan website.

This is one version on this review if you want more sopilers you'll have to visit my blog on my page.
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of the Vampire.

04/21/2010 page 21
5.82% "WOW! This book starts you right out in full force action!"
04/22/2010 page 184
50.97% "I just love dragons, especially hot ones like Declan."
show 1 hidden update…

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) oOOo I Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did! So good!

Laurie Garrison I do too! Glad to hear you like it. I am in need of a good vamprie book it been a while;)

Laura the Highland Hussy Alexis morgan's Vampire Vendetta came out today-it's supposed to be really good :)

Laurie Garrison Did you get it? I want it, I didnt realize it came out today.

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) Oo going to check it out right now.

Laura the Highland Hussy I preordered. Is it early?

Laurie Garrison I havent seen it yet. I did see Lover Mine out in some places today.

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) Laurie wrote: "I havent seen it yet. I did see Lover Mine out in some places today."

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) BTW, when you're done reading Shadow of the Vampire go here and pick a cast hehe Meagan created it and we're having fun with it. Though the search engine for actors sucks! Maybe you can get it to work though lol...

Laurie Garrison Damaris wrote: "Laurie wrote: "I havent seen it yet. I did see Lover Mine out in some places today."

What? No way! I am so heading to walmart and my local bookstore to check and see if they put it out today."

Hope you find it. I would have bought one, but I am going to her book signing and have to wait until then to get mine.

Laurie Garrison Damaris wrote: "BTW, when you're done reading Shadow of the Vampire go here and pick a cast hehe Meagan created it and we're having fun with it. Though the search engine for actors sucks! Maybe you can get it to w..."

Thanks I will check it out when I am done.

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) I TOLD YOU that you would like it hehe!

Laurie Garrison Damaris-OMG! Liked naw loved it more like it. I like how different it is form the rest of the vamprie books I have been reading the last few months. If you find any more books like this let me know;)

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) Yes that is exactly how I felt! It was different and her writing is amazing! I felt like I was in the book just watching everything! Did you read my review on it on the blog? I think I posted it here too though. I love Tallon and can not wait for her story! lol

Laurie Garrison I looked last night but didnt see it, I will look again later

I got on today. This is neat, thanks for suggesting this.

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) Isnt it lol? You can find other authors too... lol