Jess's Reviews > Just Like Me, Only Better

Just Like Me, Only Better by Carol Snow

Apr 13, 10

bookshelves: first-reads-goodreads-giveaways, 2010, chic-lit-romance, autographed
Read from April 12 to 13, 2010

I won this book through a Goodreads Giveaway, and it is my first time reading anything by Carol Snow, but it won't be my last.

I found this book to be amusing, lighthearted and just one of those feel good books that by the end you just smile. The main character Veronica is a struggling divorcee trying to survive on her meager paycheck from substitute teaching. She is still trying to get over the fact that her husband recently left her because he found his soul mate in someone twice her age. She wonders if she should be embarrassed just by the fact that he left, or that he left her for someone older. Her friends are nothing to be excited about, and since she lives in the guest house of her "friends" house, she has the exciting job of being babysitter/chauffeur/replacement mom. So when she is approached by Jay, the manager of an actress/singer named Haley Rush to be her double Veronica can't say no. Yes she looks a bit like her, but she needs to change her clothes, hair and skin color. Veronica begins to love her new life being Haley, and she even gets to date a C list actor. But when things start to become a little more intense, Veronica starts to wonder if this new job is what she really wants in life.

All in all, it was a really funny book and I have to say that I really liked Veronica from the beginning. Her inner dialogue was hilarious and yet I could also relate to her. I wanted her to be happy at the end of the book, and I felt appalled on her behalf for things people did to her throughout the story. I did figure out what was going to happen, but that didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book.

On a side note, I thought it was very awesome that the book I was sent was an uncorrected proof (I've never had one of those before) and also that it was signed by the author. I love Goodreads Giveaway books!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Like Me, Only Better.

04/12/2010 page 140
46.2% "pretty funny so far"