Catherine's Reviews > The Last Hellion

The Last Hellion by Loretta Chase

Dec 31, 11

bookshelves: comedy, england, historical, read-2009, romance, series, excellent, read-2011, brawler, class-difference, rake-bad-boy
Read from December 28 to 31, 2011 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Hellion.

12/28/2011 page 1
0.0% "Time for a reread!"
12/28/2011 page 58
15.0% "

"All you had to do was smile," he said. "And bat your eyelashes and thrust your bosom in his face, and Crenshaw would have done whatever you wanted."

She gazed at him unblinking for the longest time. Then, from a hidden pocket in her black skirts' heavy folds, she fished out a small notebook and a stump of a pencil.

"I had better write this down," she said. "I do not want to lose one priceless [cont'd]

" 13 comments
12/31/2011 page 143
38.0% "

"Very well, have it your way," she said. "I'm not going to beg you. And perhaps, after all, it would be wrong of me to ask. The venture would be far too dangerous for you."

She turned and moved to the hackney. She said something in a low voice to the driver. While she exchanged secrets with him, her shawl slipped further.

Vere swore under his breath.

He knew he was being manipulated. [cont'd]

" 1 comment
12/31/2011 page 169
45.0% "

"I don't want you," he said.

"Liar," she said.

"You're so conceited," he said, turning away. "You, Miss Vestal Virgin Grenville, think you know everything. You didn't even know how to kiss until I taught you."

"I don't recollect begging for the lesson," she said.

"And so you conclude you're irresistible."

"To you, yes. I should like to know what else I should [cont'd]

" 13 comments
12/31/2011 page 287
76.0% "I am a sucker for the hero keeping those little keepsakes. Roarke had a button, Derek had a pair of glasses, and Vere has a pencil stub. *sigh* So romantic." 2 comments
12/31/2011 page 339
89.0% ""Ainswood, let me explain something to you," she said. "If you wish to make a declaration of love to your wife, the accepted form is to say, simply, 'I love you.' The accepted form is not to dare and daunt and go about it in your usual belligerent way. This is supposed to be a tender moment, and you are spoiling it by making me want to throw a coal bucket at you."" 4 comments

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Catherine I love this book. I'll try to write an actual review for it soon.