Michael's Reviews > The Cross at Ground Zero

The Cross at Ground Zero by Benedict J. Groeschel

Apr 05, 10

bookshelves: religion
Read on April 05, 2010

Wow, I read this book in less than an hour. Fr. Benedict Groeschel is one of my favorite people. He is a Capuchian monk who has a show called "Sunday Night Live!" on EWTN. This is the second of his books that I have read, and despite its brevity, I found it to be quite powerful. Fr. Groeschel served as a chaplain at one of the morgues in Lower Manhattan after the attacks of 9/11, and uses his experiences as a jumping off point for thinking about the problem of evil. How can a God who is good and loving allow such tragedies to take place? And what should our response be? Why do people around the world hate the United States so much, and what can we do to change that? Some of his conclusions are a bit shocking, but overall, this was a good, thought-provoking book by a man whose counsel I have come to respect.

Not a book for the general reader, I think. Very Catholic, which would turn off many people who are not Catholic, or who are more liberal Catholics. You can decide for yourself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cross at Ground Zero.