Amber Skye's Reviews > Nightfall

Nightfall by L.J. Smith

May 01, 10

Read from April 14 to May 01, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 2

The first book was pretty good. The second was amazing. The third was.... weird... The plot was just too strange for me. I still enjoyed the book because it was part of this series, but the story itself was lacking.

This book just jumped the shark. I expected it to be a little weird. Supernatural books usually are, but this one just went off the deep end. There were too many unexplained occurrences and freaky creatures. Part of me really wishes that Smith had just stopped at the second book. It would have ended the series so well. This ending just left me confused and weirded out.

I enjoyed seeing old, familiar characters again. I have always loved Smith's character development. Unlike the first book, the point of view changes often. It is split between Bonnie, Elena, Damon, Stefan, and other characters. This makes for an interesting (if a bit confusing) narration.

The romance felt a bit mushy to me. It got to the point where I needed a break from the "lovely love" and soul mate stuff. Don't get me wrong- I adore romance. This romance just went over the top with the undying devotion, to the point where it didn't feel realistic at all.

I would recommend this series, but this book is definitely a disappointment. I'm hoping that Smith fixes things up in the next book, which I am planning on starting as soon as I can.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightfall.

04/17/2010 page 62
04/28/2010 page 200
34.13% "well that was weird..."
show 2 hidden updates…