Noah's Reviews > Among the Hidden

Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix

M_50x66
Apr 05, 10

bookshelves: 8th-grade-ir-shelve-samantha-shapir

Among the Hidden is about a boy named Luke who is the youngest of three brothers. This is sort of a problem because woman are only permitted to have 2 children because of food supplies. In fact the penalties for having a third child or "shadow child" is 5 million dollars or death. Luke thinks that he is a rare kind but when he meets another shadow child named Jen who is willing to give up anything to be able to not hide anymore. She planes a rally in front of the white house which goes horribly wrong. I wont give away the ending but this book is super juicy and it keeps you on the brim of your chair.
I can connect this book to the Hunger Games because in both books kids are treated badly and they really don't have any rights what so ever. I can connect this to the world because in some places obviously not as extreme but you have to put your kid up for adoption if you have more children than whatever the law permits.
I would recommend this book to kids my age because I really thought it was a great match for me but it has a lot of mature content in it so I wouldn't read it if you were under 13 or 14. I would give this book a 5 star rating because it had the whole package for a good juicy book. I really liked it and if you read it I am sure you will like it as much if not more than I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Hidden.