Mel's Reviews > Dark Angel, The Chosen, and Soulmate

F 50x66
Apr 05, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in April, 2010

** spoiler alert ** After reading the first Night World book, I got curious about where the series was going, so I picked up the next book. As the stories progress, they seem to get better and better. I found this volume of stories much better than the last volume. It revolves around the "soulmate principal" which means that every character ends up finding his or her soulmate.
Dark Angel- Gillian was an easy character to relate to and the true identity of her "angel" was a fascinating discovery. Another one of L.J Smith's races comes into play, the "lost witches" and I think it's a really good concept. I was a bit disappointed that Gillian's soul mate was the most popular boy in her class- I wanted something with more substance.
The Chosen- this is my favourite story yet, despite it also, in my opinion, being the scariest. Rashel sees her mother and best friend Timmy killed by a vampire when she's five years old. She then becomes a vampire hunter in revenge. She and Quinn (her vampire soulmate) have an interesting relationship and I love how the book ends too.
Soulmate- a bit frustrating because the main character is a little slow at catching on that Maya is evil. This story goes right back to Night World legends that are mentioned in each story. The "old soul" idea is again, really good, but the story seems to go on that little bit too long. It was nice to see some old faces introduces as Circle Daybreak, a group whose mission is to promote peace among all species.
I'll definitely be buying the next book because I'm desperate to find out how the series will develop.
Read this book if you love the paranormal romance genre and if you love Twilght then this is so much better.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Angel, The Chosen, and Soulmate.

Tessa Agreed! :D addicted to this series!