Joey Hong's Reviews > Honeymoon

Honeymoon by James Patterson

Apr 05, 10

Read from August 11 to 13, 2007 — I own a copy

"A sizzling, twisting tale of a woman with a deadly appetite and the men who dare to fall for her..." - by James Patterson

James Patterson is very well-known for his thriller tales. I'm sure for those die-hard James Patterson's fans must have already read this "Honeymoon" long time ago yeah? I'm ashamed to say this is my first James Patterson read but oh well, now i know why James Patterson is so famous for his thrillers! It's a page turner with lots of great plots and twists! Once you started, you'll never want to put it down again! A sexy, exciting and fast-paced story!

The story starts off with undercover FBI agent, John O'Hara who played as a insurance agent investigating the main female character "Nora Sinclair". Nora Sinclair seems perfect, she's got the career (Interior designer), the charisma and most importantly she's got the "sex appeal"...she doesn't just attract men but she marries men for their money and kills them off by poisoning them with an omelet. She's worked hard for this life and she'll never give up...

Slowly, John O'Hara the undercover FBI agent couldn't control himself...with the "temptation" of this beautiful and sexy woman Nora Sinclair. At times, he wasn't sure whether he's pursuing justice or his own fatal obsession of this beautiful woman. As the story goes on, he starts to believe that Nora might be innocent and slowly he drop his guard against Nora and enjoyed Nora's seduction...Will he become her next victim? Will Nora ever figure out that the insurance agent she met is actually a undercover FBI agent being sent to investigate her?

The plots and the twists of this book is simply awesome! But it's kind of disappointing that James Patterson did not let us know the contents of the letter that Nora's mother (a husband-killer herself) wrote to her. And that's the reason why i gave it a "4 stars" instead of a "5 stars" rating. The ending seems abit surprising though, Nora's being poisoned by one of her victim's sister...just like the saying..."What goes around comes around"!

Nevertheless, "Honeymoon" really keeps me going chapter after chapter...It's a really fast-paced, sexy and exciting read. After reading the first page of the book, I simply couldn't put it down...and I finished it within 3 days.

If you're looking for a "True" page-turner, this is the book I'll recommend you.
I'm glad that I have picked up James Patterson's thriller "Honeymoon", and will continue to read more of his thrillers again =D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honeymoon.