Krista's Reviews > Queen of Your Own Life: The Grown-Up Woman's Guide to Claiming Happiness and Getting the Life You Deserve

Queen of Your Own Life by Kathy Kinney

Nov 30, 2010

bookshelves: non-fiction, 2010-books-read, self-help, reviewed-for-luxury-reading
Read from October 30 to November 26, 2010

This fairly short book lays out steps for women of a certain age (over 50) to reclaim their own "queenliness". While a lot of the concepts weren't new to me (be happy in your own skin, have a great group of girlfriends, attitude of gratitude, stop being a "people-pleaser") it provided an opportunity to review with my progress in those area.

I like the fact that they encourage women to celebrate becoming the "Queen of Your Own Life". It spurred me on to reach out to some girlfriends I hadn't talked to in awhile. I may not hold a crowning celebration as oultined in the book, but I do know that I'm blessed to be where I am in my life and see that I have worked through a lot of the hang-ups the authors too struggled with when they were younger.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Your Own Life.