Kari Anderson's Reviews > Legacy

Legacy by Kate Brian

Apr 12, 2010

it was ok
Read from April 04 to 08, 2010

Cheyenne is dead and the Legacy is cancelled. Cheyenne’s family was supposed to be in charge of this year’s Legacy, but they decided against it in the wake of her death. Reed was unanimously voted the new prez of Billings and she will stop at nothing to make sure they get to do something similar to the Legacy (a ridiculous party filled with sex, drugs, alcohol, music that Legacies of the private schools attend each year).

They hear through the grapevine that the Legacy may still be on, but no one from Easton was invited. Now it’s up to Reed to make sure they get there.

She doesn’t have to do it alone though, a former Billings girl is back and they’ve definitely switched roles.

Not only is Reed dealing with all of the Legacy drama, she is also dealing with a bit of boy drama. She is still dating Josh, but a former Billings student, who also dated one of her best friends is interested in Reed. She loves Josh, but the other fella, who can turn him down? He’s gorgeous, smart, rich and an Ivy Leaguer.

I have to admit this was my least favorite book so far out of the Private series. I know that people can’t die in every book, but after so much drama in the rest of the series, this one kind of slacked.

I enjoyed the rituals in this book. Now that Reed is president, she is on top of the world. She has money, access to awesome clothes, contacts and a file with any info possible on her Billings family. I don’t know if this is how life really is for these people, but it’s what I imagine it to be.

This book set up a little bit of drama for the future. When they finally found out who set up the Legacy, they also find out she has a connection to Cheyenne. I imagine this drama will continue to build.

I give Legacy 2 bookmarks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy.

04/04/2010 page 38
15.64% "Addicted to this series!!!"
04/06/2010 page 160