AnnaBnana's Reviews > The Art of Eating In: How I Learned to Stop Spending and Love the Stove

The Art of Eating In by Cathy Erway

Apr 23, 10

bookshelves: adult-info
Read from April 04 to 23, 2010

There were parts of this book that were interesting, and I confess that I added Erway's blog to my feed reader after reading it (mostly for the recipes).

That said, the lower star rating is because this book is not what I thought it would be based on the title or the marketing. Erway did indeed embark on a quest to stop eating out in NYC and she learned to love the stove. I thought the book (and its tips) would be more practical. I wanted to read it and feel like I could do it. But Erway doesn't just stop eating out. She also starts cooking in crazy competitions, going to underground supper clubs, foraging for food in the garbage and in the park...it just wasn't what I thought it would be. I wanted to be inspired to love my own kitchen more. I wanted to read tips about how to fit cooking into my life when I don't get home from work until almost 7 some nights. I didn't really want to read about picking edible weeds from the park.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Eating In.