Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)'s Reviews > Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

Apr 07, 10

Read from April 04 to 06, 2010

This book is really 3.5 stars. If it hadn't fizzled at the end, I would have given it 4.

The book starts off with a bang (hence the title?). The first chapter is called "The Feeling" and it's all about how Chelsea discovered masturbation when she was in the 3rd grade. I could not believe it. The story was embarrassing and hilarious all at the same time. That's how I'd describe this book. There were many laugh out loud moments. One moment in particular is where Chelsea and her boyfriend Ted were at a friend's house for a dinner party and Chelsea was farting and blaming it on the friend's dog. Yes, I laugh at fart jokes. I am in my 30s and I still find bathroom humor funny. I guess I have the comedic maturity of a 10 year old boy, what can I say? The episode with the friend's dog led to an elaborate prank on her boyfriend, Ted, that was videotaped and shown during Chelsea's appearance on The Jay Leno show. I've been perusing the internet for the last two days looking for that clip!

This book was my "lunch reading" book. Meaning, it's the book I took to work to read while eating my lunch. I eat my lunch at my desk. I have an office mate. There were plenty of times where I was unable to hold in my laughter. I'm sure that my co-worker thought I was losing it. And there were plenty of times I was losing it. My favorite chapter is Black on Black Crime. There were several moments where I almost spit out my Diet Coke while I was reading because it was so outrageous and hilarious. Now every time I see the word "Delicious", I'm going to giggle.

The first half of Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang is hilarious. Each story brought the laughs. As the book progressed, it started to fizzle. There were two stories focused on her father that were not funny to me. One chapter was an email. There are pictures included in this book so you get to see the faces of the people who were on the receiving end of Chelsea's biting humor and creative pranks. All in all, I enjoyed reading this book and would purchase books written by Chelsea in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang.

04/04/2010 page 15
6.15% "I can't believe she starts off the book talking abou selfy selfy"
04/05/2010 page 76
31.15% "I am cracking up! Chelsea is so damn funny - on paper and on TV!" 2 comments
04/06/2010 page 156
63.93% "Oh.Em.Gee! My office mate must think I'm crazy. I can't hold in my laughter. Note - Don't read this book while around other people!"
04/06/2010 page 272