Shawna's Reviews > Ruthless

Ruthless by Anne Stuart

Oct 13, 10

bookshelves: author-anne-stuart-kristina-douglas, historical-romance, historical-romance-georgian, rt-book-reviews-top-pick, favorite-beautiful-lush-cool-covers, series-house-of-rohan, hero-alpha‎, hero-antihero-gamma, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-cad-rake-rogue‎-scoundrel, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-bluestocking-unconventional, heroine-odd-spinster-wallflower, heroine-plain-jane-uglyducklingswan, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, captive-kidnapped-hostage-slave, tattoos-piercings-body-art, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, i-read-no-longer-own-sold-swapped, 2010-reads, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, cheating-hearts-fidelity-issues, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, hero-addict-excon-lawtrouble-thief, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hh-aristocracy-nobility-royalty, satisfying-secondary-romance, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, 4-stars, hero-authentic-uber-rake, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous
Recommended for: Fans of Stuart's dark gamma heroes & debauched rakes
Read on October 12, 2010

4 stars – Georgian/Historical Romance

Without a doubt, the best thing about Ruthless is dark, captivating, “he’s so bad that you can’t help but love him” Viscount Rohan, who’s the absolute, ultimate depraved rakehell anti-hero. The heroine made me want to slap her for about the first 150 pages, but once her past was revealed, I understood her better, felt sympathy for all that she’d endured, and admired her strength. It was headed for a 4 ½ star rating, but the abrupt ending and lack of a definite, satisfying resolution between the H/h made me knock it down to 4 stars. Still, devilishly beguiling, fiendishly naughty degenerate Viscount Rohan is more than reason enough to read this!
40 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruthless.

10/12/2010 page 150
38.0% "I'm lovin' wicked Viscount Rohan, but the heroine is probably going to end up on my "wanna bitch slap" shelf." 3 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

Tara oooo...loved this book. Can't wait to hear what you think of it :)

Shawna It was good! Rohan was such a compelling character.

Ally72 I can't wait to start this series, Shawna. Super review!!!

message 4: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee You made me want to try this--bumping it up!
Confusing character name--isn't that LK's Cam's last name too?

Catherine Great review! I just got the second and third book in recently and plan to try them soon.

Kathy Great review! Just got this one during my Book Buying Frenzy. I like the dark ones so I'm looking forward to this.

Shawna Thanks, ladies! It's just so dark and decadent!

Auntee - That confused me a little bit at first, too. I guess Rohan is a pretty sexy name.

Ruth Great review! I'm saving this whole series for a European business trip in a week, when I know I'll be jetlagged and bored, and I can't wait!! I love a naughty hero..

Shawna Thanks, Ruth! You should enjoy this if you love naughty heroes. :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Auntee, AS mentioned that she didn't name the characters based on Cam, but she gave LK a nod for writing such a great character. I thought that was very classy of her.

message 12: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee Ooh, no kidding? She mentioned that?

Shawna I didn't realize that, either, but it's great that AS gave LK some props.

message 14: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Hmmmm IIRC Rohan is an old French family name.

Yvonne Great review Shawna, I'm reading this after "Edge of Night"!

Shawna Thanks, Yvonne! I hope you enjoy rake Rohan! :)

Yvonne Started and finished "Ruthless" last night, I could not put it down. You and Danielle were right on about this great read. I thought this hero was pretty "light" as far as AS' crazy loon heroes go, but he was still fantastic!

Shawna Glad you enjoyed it, Yvonne! The second book Reckless was my favorite of the series.