Shawna's Reviews > Reckless

Reckless by Anne Stuart

Oct 17, 2010

bookshelves: author-anne-stuart-kristina-douglas, historical-romance, historical-romance-georgian, rt-book-reviews-top-pick, series-house-of-rohan, heroine-odd-spinster-wallflower, historical-romance-regency, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, hero-cad-rake-rogue‎-scoundrel, cheating-hearts-fidelity-issues, heroine-plain-jane-uglyducklingswan, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-alpha‎, hero-antihero-gamma, hero-addict-excon-lawtrouble-thief, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, i-read-no-longer-own-sold-swapped, older-woman-cougar-younger-guy, pregnancy-fertility-baby-kids-drama, satisfying-secondary-romance, sizable-packages, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, 2010-reads, captive-kidnapped-hostage-slave, hero-gambler, hh-aristocracy-nobility-royalty, heroine-bluestocking-unconventional, heroine-companion, heroine-disguises-as-a-man, 5-stars, hero-authentic-uber-rake, heroine-redhead, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous, hh-bespectacled
Recommended for: Fans of dark, steamy historical romance & debauched rake/spinster pairings
Read on October 16, 2010

5 stars – Historical Romance

As much as I enjoyed Ruthless, this left me even more satisfied, mainly because I thought it had a better story and I felt more of a connection between the H/h, even if it was often antagonistic.

Adrian, Viscount Rohan, son of the H/h from Ruthless, is as deliciously sexy, devilishly wicked, and utterly dissipated as his notorious father. A tall, awkward, redheaded, freckled, bespectacled, bluestocking, virgin spinster like Charlotte should hold little appeal to a rakehell with his depraved experience and lusty appetites, but for some unfathomable reason, he finds it impossible to resist or dismiss her. Adrian demands Charlotte's acquiescence and undertakes teaching her all the naughty delights of sexual pleasure, but can she make the cynical libertine surrender his heart?

Reckless is another decadently dark, lushly erotic read in the sexy House of Rohan series with a sinfully delectable hero who makes this a sensual, luscious treat to savor like the finest chocolate. 5 stars!
19 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reckless.

message 1: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Woo hoo! Great review (again), Shawna! It looks like you liked this one and I can't wait to get into this trilogy.

Shawna Thanks, Ally! It's an intriguing, steamy series, especially if you like darker historicals and wicked rake heroes.

message 3: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Sign me up! This is definitely the kind of series I like. LOL!

message 4: by Angelc (new)

Angelc wow, awesome review, shawna! i really need to check out this author!

message 5: by Shawna (last edited Oct 17, 2010 07:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna Thanks, Angelc! Anne Stuart is great! I also love her "Ice" romantic suspense series.

Ruth Great review!

This has me salivating. I can't wait to start the series..

Shawna Thanks! This was my favorite book of the series.

message 9: by Katyana (new) - added it

Katyana He's their son?! Wow. I am trying to imagine how the son of the people they are at the end of book 1 would grow up into that personality. It just doesn't seem like he's in for a particularly hard life, you know?

Should be an interesting read. I know a couple of people have said they like this one best, so I am looking forward to it. :)

Shawna Yeah, I thought that at first too, but he's influenced by another character.

It's a great series, but this had the strongest story, IMO. I hope you enjoy 'em!

Catherine Great review! I really enjoyed this one as well.

Shawna Thanks, Catherine!