Natalia's Reviews > Divine by Mistake

Divine by Mistake by P.C. Cast

Apr 15, 10

Recommended for: teachers who like mythical creature/fantasy/romance
Read from April 04 to 11, 2010

I would give this book 3 and a half stars if I could but 4 is closer to what I think it deserves than 3. I really did enjoy this book and the introduction to the Divine series but I have a few little issues with it.

I think it's a good idea for people to go into it knowing that the lead character has to marry a centaur (male from the waist up, horse from the waist down). This fact really took me a while to get over. The idea of her and him having sex was really creepy and wrong, borderline bestiality. I must say I was a little put off and didn't know if I would keep reading if they got too close, but it was all explained and was definitely NOT hanky-panky with an animal. So my advice would be to just think of him as a normal guy and let the details get sorted out later.
The other thing that let this book down was the slow beginning. The first forty pages are rather uninteresting but somewhat necessary in the scheme of things. It's only forty pages and then the real story starts so it's no big deal but don't put it down if it hasn't grabbed you before then.

By the end of it you'll be wanting to read the next two books as soon as you can.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine by Mistake.