Shauna Tyndall's Reviews > Darkest Mercy

Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

Mar 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011, favourites, the-other-crowd, i-own-a-copy
Read from March 01 to 03, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I have loved the Wicked Lovely series from the get go, and Darkest Mercy wrapped it up perfectly. I went into one bookshop fully expecting it to be there, but it wasn't. My heart fell because I had a dentist's appointment in about an hour and the thought of getting this long-awaited finale is what was keeping me going. Then I went into another shop, and there it was. Darkest Mercy beaming down at me from the top shelf. Needless to say it took me about a second to grab a copy. I started reading after getting a filling.

It's perfect. The tension builds right to the final showdown with Bananach, and I was stunned by some shocks and revelations. Melissa Marr is a genius, and I thank her for giving us the wonderful, creepy, beautiful Irial. As followers of the series will know, Radiant Shadows left us in limbo, not knowing if Iri would live or die after being stabbed by Bananach. Well, he did die. Kind of. Just remember: Niall might not be as mad as we are led to believe.

Aislinn, Seth, Keenan and Donia are still undecided on where they all stand, but by the end we know who belongs with who, although one of the four makes a huge sacrifice for the one they love.

As always in war, there are fatalities. Sad, horrifying deaths that will make you cry. And I have to mention the incredible cover. It's beautiful, the colours in the flower are so eye-catching. I love this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkest Mercy.