SimBim's Reviews > Shopaholic and Baby

Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella

Apr 03, 10

I liked the first book, but as the series went on, Kinsella's books kinda lowered on the ratings.
First of all, I liked how Becky was pregnant, but maybe is Sophie had shown a little more maturity on the protagonists part, i would have believed that she was actually ready to be a mom.
Also, there was basically no romance between Luke and Becky, which got to me.
Another thing was that, Becky's shopping obsession was supposed to be something funny and something that shapened Becky to be who she was. However, I think the author made Becky a little dumb in this book. Just because Becky likes to shop doesn't mean she turns into a total ignorant dumbo. especiall since she's having a baby!
Overall, I think the book was hilarious (especially the baby names bit!), but the protagonist ruined it for me. Becky had gone from bubbly, excitable and fun to read about, to stupid, inconsequental and immature. And, I'm sorry, but was Luke always so boring????
Nice books, amazing writing, hilarious, but the character lacked too much depth for me...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shopaholic and Baby.