Y's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

My actual average for every book in the series comes out to 3.9 stars, but if goodreads were to allow us to give a general rating to a whole series, I would give Harry Potter five full stars. ...Yes, I realize that I could give the whole series a five if I'd just rate each individual book five stars, but that would be disingenuous to how I actually felt toward each novel.

As a whole, however, despite all its nonsense and silly plots and unlikeable parts, as a whole, HP is still one of my favorite experiences ever. This isn't just the rose-tinted glasses talking, as I've relistened to the audiobooks multiple times over the years, including this year, and my opinions remain unwavering. Every time I begin the adventure, I know what I'm getting myself into, and at the end, it's still very fulfilling. Maybe never quite as fulfilling as the very first time I finished the series, but I've found very few stories that can engage me nearly as much as these books have.