Tricia's Reviews > Reign or Shine

Reign or Shine by Michelle Rowen

Apr 28, 10

Read in April, 2010

The Good: Rowen's Reign or Shine was a good YA novel. I appreciated the fast action plot that shied away from the high school rumors and did not focus on all the groups or fashion trends. This book had a much bigger problem, a much...darker problem. Not only does Nikki have to worry about being the Demon Princess, there are other dark elements on the horizon, which are very close to her in both worlds. And that's all I'm giving away. The dialogue and plot were my favorite aspects in this book.

The Bad: The characters were not one of my favorite aspects, I did not feel like they were...real enough [like they were given enough background, but hey there is the next book huh?:]. That may have to do with it being YA novel, I don't know. But some of the scenes that I felt should have been longer were not, and ones that were long, seemed like they needed to be shorter. I do look forward to the next book, since the ending to this one was pretty awesome.

And the Random: The cover of this book got some stares as I was reading it, which I thought was funny. I wonder if they thought dark about me, LOL.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reign or Shine.