Erin's Reviews > Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously

Julie and Julia by Julie Powell

Apr 02, 10

Read in March, 2010

I saw this movie and while it was cute, I kinda hated the main character. When this book was chosen for my bookclub I was a little worried, but alas! I happen to love Julie Powell even more than... (can I say it?) Elizabeth Gilbert! Sometimes the F-word makes me laugh so hard and Julie totally thiks so, too. (maybe the movie should have been rated R?) She also loves Buffy... but the MOST amazing part is that she is a real person. That is so cool to me. I recommend this book for people who enjoy semi-narcissisticly-crazed but ultimately genius behavior and the psychological disucssion surrounding it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Julie and Julia.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer This was a book club choice? I am so out of it. Or do you have multiple book clubs?

Perhaps I ignored it because, I saw the movie and thought the only good thing about it was enjoying Meryl Streep's performance.

Erin Yeah- I'm in another book club that
meets more infrequently. Both opportunities arose at the same time - has it been 3 years now?

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer WOW! I think you're right... 3 years. Although this year with the dates scheduled months in advance seems to have worked out the best to meet regularly...which reminds me... I don't think we have anything set for after May. The third Sunday of the month seems to have worked out well.

Erin Yeah- it has been good. So far I have been able to keep up. Too bad you can't come on the 18th. I haven't started Mr. Pip but I got it in the mail the other day. Maybe this weekend. I'm not certain I'm going to go on the 18th.