Alicia's Reviews > Anne of Ingleside

F_50x66
Apr 02, 10

bookshelves: kids
Read in March, 2010

I'm so glad we stuck with this series. Nakyla loved the first couple of books and then was losing interest, I think because Anne was a grown-up and the things she was doing weren't very interesting. By this book Anne has a bunch of kids and the book has a lot of little stories about each of them. Nakyla was back to loving this series with all the stories about things happening to the kids. I also really enjoyed the book as someone who grew up with the movies, but never found out what happened to Anne and Gilbert after they got married. I also think it was really interesting to me that during the time the book was written, women didn't take care of their families all on their own. Many of them had live in help from other women who never married. Imagine, every time one had a baby, someone else being there to do all the cooking and bring the baby to the mom when it needed to nurse while the mom stayed in bed until fully recovered. This is very different from all of us killing ourselves thinking we have to do this alone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne of Ingleside.