Lois's Reviews > The Green Mile

The Green Mile by Stephen King

Apr 02, 2010

Read from April 02 to 05, 2010

I'm not normally a reader of Stephen King books. I'm not into horror, so most of his books aren't really for me. But I've seen a few movies made from his other types of books that I liked a lot, such as The Shawshank Redemption, Hearts In Atlantis, and this one, The Green Mile.

I decided to read this book only because I do like the movie so much. I've seen it several times, and it never fails to make me want to keep watching to the end. The book was the same. I only stopped reading when I had to do other things, so I read it in 3 days, and almost wished it was even longer than it was. The story is so intriguing, and the main characters are very real. John Coffey is someone you sort of want to protect, even before you find out the truth about his story, because he almost seems like an innocent child in a giant's body. Mr. Jingles gave me worries when Percy was around, because I feared he would be a victim for no reason, and Del's delight in him almost made you forget about his crime. I liked Paul Edgecombe, who was a fair, decent man, and was sorry for his problems, and happy when he could do something about them.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop by just saying that I loved the book, and am happy I decided to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Green Mile.

04/04/2010 page 335