Nichole (Dirty H)'s Reviews > Cheating Chance

Cheating Chance by James Buchanan

Apr 07, 10

bookshelves: m-m, 2010, bdsm-lite
Read from April 02 to 07, 2010

This could have been more like a 4 to 4.5 star read, but this book got completely bogged down in irrelevant detail and gratuitous description. I truly appreciate the amount of time and effort that went into the research of this book. But sometimes when an author does research for a book, it's more to help them know where they're coming from and a lot (or most) of the stuff they learn won't ever make it to the book. Just because you researched it does not mean you must squeeze it in. This book needed a much stricter editor.

I was also quite bothered by an event that happened around the middle of the book. One of the characters reacted in a way that seemed extremely out of proportion and out of character, and it totally yanked me out of the story. It all turned out okay, but it seemed like conflict for conflict's sake and it was really a WTF moment. It could have been handled much better; it almost felt like that part of the book was written by someone else.

Aside from those two issues, this was really good. The mystery/suspense aspect was really original and interesting and the romance was scorching. I can't wait to read the sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cheating Chance.

04/05/2010 page 95