Melanie's Reviews > An Echo in the Darkness

An Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers

Apr 02, 10

Once again, I was truly touched and inspired by this book. I learned so much about that time in history following the crucifiction of Jesus Christ. I felt a deep appreciation for those faithful early Christians. I was also once again reminded that God never abandons us. He is always there to light our way, strengthen us, offer us the great gift of repentance and fill us with His love and peace. I am not going to sy that these books are the most amazing works of literature (you may say they get a little dramatic in places), but they are amazing in their impact on the heart and soul. I finished with a renewed commitment to trust in the Lord and be faithful in all ways. I am also enjoying my study of the Bible more with a better feel for the culture of that time.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Echo in the Darkness.

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna I thought the 1st & 2nd books in the series were good, but let me know what you think of her 3rd one. I was disappointed in it and didn't read any of the rest.

Melanie Hi Aunt Donna! I would have to agree with you that the 3rd book in the trilogy was not the best one. I still liked it though, because I was curious about Atretes and it was fun to learn more about the Germanic tribes.

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie These books sound very interesting! I'll have to put them on my list.