TK421's Reviews > K-PAX The Trilogy

K-PAX The Trilogy by Gene Brewer

Mar 03, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi

You've probably seen this movie starring Kevin Spacey (appropriate), Jeff Bridges and Mary McCormack. It was a decent enough movie, a heart-warming tale of what possibly lays the cold unknown darkness of space.

Okay, now go to the store and buy the book. You'll have a much better appreciate of what Brewer was trying to say through his trilogy of books involving K-Pax. (Don't be put off that it's a trilogy; it's only about 630 pages total...and it read quickly.)

Probably the most impressive aspect of this story was how Brewer gave this reader an unreliable character/alien that made me believe. I believed in prot's story. I felt his sadness for not being with his other K-Paxians. I experienced the loneliness and depression and excitement prot felt while living amongst us earthlings. Through Brewer's amazing world-building, I felt like I had seen K-Pax before. Perhaps I had in some daydream...that's the point. K-Pax is relatable. Yes, this review is sappy, a bit sentimental, and to that I add: Who doesn't want to dream of a better world?

7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read K-PAX The Trilogy.

Cecily "go to the store and buy the book"

Indeed. But don't bother with the two sequels, which manage to muddle things up and simultaneously reduce the mystery.