Alaine's Reviews > Book of Lost Threads

1051989
Apr 02, 10

bookshelves: general-fiction
Read from April 02 to 03, 2010

In my opinion this book highlights the decisions we make as parents and how those choices impact the lives of our children. Linsey and Amy are women in a loving relationship who make the natural decision to have a child. It is decided that Amy would be the birth mother and this is how Moss comes into the world with two Mums. Amy is the loving, gentle, nurturing and messy Mum. Linsey is the perfectionist who wanted a perfect baby and carefully selected the father for his brilliance in mathematics in the hope of having a brilliant child. Instead of being a straight A student, Moss works hard for C's and occasional B's.

Finn tells the story of how one incident, one mistake can change your life forever. This mistake changed his life and he became a recluse. He admits that he hasn't thought much of this child he fathered over the years until she turns up on his doorstep.

Chapter by chapter the book reveals more about the lives of it's characters whilst drawing you deeper into it's story. Tess Evans in an Australian author releasing her first book and she has written a wonderful story that highlights the complicated love that we have for our family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Book of Lost Threads.

04/01/2010 page 27