Monica Chin's Reviews > Paths of Glory

F 50x66
Apr 01, 2010

bookshelves: 9th-grade-advisory
Read on April 01, 2010

I really liked this book! It kept me anxious for whatever came next, and the book was like a magnet, keeping me glued onto its pages especially towards the thrilling end; I remmeber staying up till three o'clock in the morning (this morning) finishing the last page! It was hard to understand because it seemed like there were many characters at once entering the page and the writing was sophisticated for me; but I got used to it as I continued reading.
This book is a true story about an englishman named George Mallory, a born-to-be climber and daredevil if you ask me because he is not one to fear any height, and once set on a goal, he will always follow through. THere were pages of heartbreak and a moment for silence for the lives lost in the story, and I could only understand through movies how Ruth Mallory, the wife of George Mallory could have felt while Mr. Mallory has been gone for the many months to reach the summit of Chomolungma, the great mountain- Everest.
George Mallory really inspired me to continue with whatever dream I have through his own trial and errors and his will to continue. He was an inspiring person, and author Jeffery Archer is one heck of a storyteller. I can only recommend this book to you, so go out there and read this story!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paths of Glory.

01/13 marked as: read