MissSusie's Reviews > Descent into Dust

Descent into Dust by Jacqueline Lepore

Apr 21, 2010

bookshelves: reviewed, lter
Read from April 09 to 21, 2010

There are no sparkly vampires here! This is a good old-fashioned vampire story. Set in Victorian England Emma lives with the stigma of her mothers madness, she has been told her mother went mad and died but events take place that will make Emma question everything she has known and believed.

The cast of characters in the book was a nice mix from Emma’s needy sister, the rouge Sebastian, the secretive Mr.Fox, and the even more mysterious Father Luke. As they work together to save Emma’s niece Henrietta from what her parent’s believe is an imaginary friend but is actually something far worse he is a vampire. Not a beautiful fall in love with vampire but an evil presence that threatens everything they hold dear.

I enjoyed this book it had a nice mix of Victorian propriety and gothic mystery. Emma was an interesting character as we watch her grow into the person she must become which is a Dhampir a vampire huntress. We see her inner turmoil as everything she believed of her life is wrenched away from her.

I look forward to the next installment in this series.

Thank you Librarything Early Reviewers for the chance to review this book!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Descent into Dust.