Wicked Walker's Reviews > The Iron King

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Apr 01, 10

Read in April, 2010 — I own a copy

Meghan is your average teenager until her 16th birthday and BAM...things change quite drastically. She develops the ability to see the fae and all the seedy underground that goes along with it. She is on quite an adventure to get her kidnapped brother back...an adventure spanning 3 fae courts and meeting numerous seelie and unseelie "characters".

I really, REALLY loved this book! The characters are strong and memorable and the plot is not so predictable that you have everything figured out by the time you get half way into the book. Meghan is a likable main character with deep love for her family even though her childhood conditions were not the best. Her best friend is a rock for her, even though he turns out to be someone that shocks her. There is the bad guy romance factor with Ash. I have to say one of my favorite characters is the cat! Yes, the cat, Grimalkin...he is funny and also there as a rock when Meghan needs him.

The author's imagination was transferred vividly to the pages of this book and I was flipping pages like crazy to get to the end! The ending leaves it wide open for the sequel, The Iron Daughter, which comes out in August. If you love fae, faeries, historical fairy tale characters, action, drama and romance, you will want to pick this book up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron King.