Eva Leger's Reviews > Hide

Hide by Lisa Gardner

Dec 15, 10

bookshelves: b-fiction, mystery, preqs-seqs-series
Read from December 13 to 15, 2010

Does anyone know Lisa Gardner personally? I'd love to know if she's able to sleep at night. This woman must have so, so, so much running through her mind. I was thoroughly confused (in a good way) for a great portion of this book. I've often said how easy it to to follow and guess what an author will do with this sort of book. It's actually one of the reasons why I stopped reading them years ago (before winning Live to Tell through FirstReads). Gardner has turned that all around for me.
I read this in absolute amazement. How did she keep all of this straight? How did she even think of all of this?
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to sleep. Sleep and my reading = two of the most important things to me besides my family. And as much as I love to read I hardly ever pass up sleeping time for reading (I can fit the reading in during the day after all.) Yeah well, I stayed up until 2am last night. And this is coming from a person who, more often than not, goes to bed when her five year old daughter does. And, to make matters even worse, I was scared. Scared! I thought I heard something outside of my garage door. How crazy is that? That's how much this spooked me.
I've made up my mind that I'll have to read all of Gardner's books. That plus my already incredibly long to-read list will take my entire life but I'll have to try. I'm going to start The Neighbor now which is the 3rd D.D. Warren book and I've already read the 4th, like I stated above, when I won it from FR. The 5th book, not sure of the name as there are two different ones that I've found so far, will be read as soon as it's published. After that I'll have to make a list and go in order according to her other series and single books.
She's not an author to be missed for sure. This isn't a genre that I read much. Hardly at all. I haven't read any other, besides the few by Gardner, in over ten years. Actually, probably more like 15 years. But she's just too good to pass up. I'm in debt forever to FirstReads.
I need to find out if any of her other books are Bobby Dodge books - he's freaking awesome. I would say I hope this next one will be as good as the others but I don't have to - I already know it will be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hide.

12/13/2010 page 45
12/14/2010 page 95
25.0% "this is fast reading - I still don't know how Gardner thinks this stuff up.... chilling"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dara S. You asked if you were missing something by NOT reading mysteries. Depends on what you like about them. I love the twists and turns myself, the more unexpected turns I find the better I like the book. I would be happy to recommend some of my favorites to you.

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger I do like the twists and turns Dara! I don't know what made me stop reading them. Koontz is considered mystery right? I read all of his books up until about 10 years ago. I know I prefer non-fiction, I like the thought or knowledge that something happened. I even like a lot of my fiction to be more realistic than not.
But these really pulled me in. Much more than Koontz's books ever did although at the time I liked them a lot.
What are some of the ones you'd recommend? I would like to take a look at them. Thanks Dara, thanks a lot!