Michael (Tattoogirl Reads)'s Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Jul 03, 11

bookshelves: favorites, series-to-continue
Read from June 27 to July 01, 2011

Reading a book like this puts all other YA books that I rated 5 stars into perspective. This book was truly deserving of it's five stars.

So many times I find myself frustrated with a book but end up giving it 5 stars because at the end I really liked it. This book deserved all it's hype it's been getting. Evie is an amazing character who is true to herself and so real. Her relationship with Lend is so cute and believable too. In so many YA books the teenage heroines are falling in love for the first time and it's so epic. Do you remember your first love being that epic? Or was it awkward? Did just holding hands thrill you? That was what it was like for me so reading this was so nice.

This book could have been much longer. I'm glad there is a sequel because there are still things I want to know. I'm interested in Evie's backstory.

Just a side note, while the cover art is beautiful I think it should have been way more fun to fit Evie's character.

Read it. Put it at the top of your to-read list, or better yet go get a copy now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.