Chris's Reviews > Prozac Nation

Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel

Nov 28, 07

Recommended for: everyone who thinks their life is shit
Read in January, 1997

This is the first book I ever read. Never read a book in elementary, middle, or high school, but I did read alot of cliffs notes and I saw 'Lord of the Flies' on vhs. VHS! God, I'm getting old.

Anyway... I remember buying this book without anyones recomemdation or reading reviews. I became enthralled with Elizabeth Wurtzel. I felt like she was writing about me. She understood my problems, she understood my pain, and she made the same choices, and really, the same mistakes as me. This book made me understand that it was ok to have a bad day, hell, a bad decade and that no matter how bad you think you have it, there is somebody else out there who has it worse.

This book was the voice of a generation. She conveyed an entire countries fears and shames better than Kurt Cobain or 'She's All That' ever could. She is a brilliant writer, insightful and honest while being witty and kind of a snotty snob.

If you're ever having a bad day, and think it can't get any worse, read this book and it will make your problems seem like nothing at all. Bottom line, this book gave me hope.
17 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prozac Nation.