Jess's Reviews > Knitting School: A Complete Course

Knitting School by R.C.S. Libri

Mar 31, 10

bookshelves: 2010, knitting-related
Read in March, 2010

Most of the techniques in this book I have seen in video form through either youtube, or knitpicks / knittinghelp. I am a visual person so seeing the videos of how to do something is very helpful to me.

However, this book was also very detailed. It went step by step through what tools a person would need, to the yarn, CO, Knits vs purls, English vs Continental etc... I also really enjoyed the section about how to fix mistakes. Sometimes it's hard to see in a video exactly where a needle was inserted to pick up a stitch, so to see it in colored illustrations with directions was helpful.

The one thing I didn't really like, the book seemed to be geared towards someone who was going to be knitting their own design of a sweater. So there were pages about different necklines, sleeves, etc... I wouldn't have minded that and I'm sure it will be helpful in the future, but considering the title I didn't expect this to be so detailed.

I thought it was going to be more about mistakes, and stitches. So that was a little disappointing, but other than that I enjoyed the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knitting School.