Adriana's Reviews > Blood Feud

Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey

Jul 06, 10

bookshelves: ya-fantasy-series, ya-romance, ya-social-situations, ya-vampires-fantasy-series
Read from June 26 to July 06, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed this installment of the Drake Chronicles, more so than the first, and actually you could pick this one up without having read the first one. This time the story shifts from the points of views of Isabeau (she appears at the very end of Hearts at Stake) and Logan (one of the Drake brothers). The biggest difference between Blood Feud and Hearts at Stake is that some chapters are flashbacks to before Isabeau was turned. These take place in France & England during The Terror and the French Revolution. I really enjoyed how these were weaved into the story and how we gain a better understanding of where Isabeau comes from. The action scenes are really good too and the writing I think is excellent. Once again the author does a good job of not getting too cheesy with the characters, which tends to happen in most teen vampire novels. The only thing I would have liked fleshed out more were Greyhaven's intentions from before Isabeau was turned and why specifically he chose her. I did enjoy the explanations for the different vampire tribes and from the author's writing I could tell she is familiar with dogs (the author bio says she owns three). Overall a great read and I can't wait for the next one. (Note: I read an advance reader copy)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Feud.

07/02/2010 page 219
81.0% "I dare say I like this one better than the first. It has historical elements to it."