Karol's Reviews > Who Moved the Stone?: A Skeptic Looks at the Death and Resurrection of Christ

Who Moved the Stone? by Frank Morison

May 01, 10

bookshelves: owned, read-in-2010, christian-viewpoint
Read from March 31 to April 30, 2010

It took me awhile to work through Frank Morrison's book, although I found it immensely interesting. It looks at the details behind the burial and reported resurrection of Jesus Christ, weighing the evidential value of the gospel and other accounts. The author's approach was logical, and in many senses broad. It's my understanding that he approached the topic as objectively as possible, but from the viewpoint of someone who did not believe in Christ. However, after doing his research, he reached the conclusion that the gospel accounts were entirely true.

As he wrote about the different people involved in the events, the final days of Christ's life before his crucifixion took on deeper layers of meaning for me. Morrison reached the same conclusion as I did about whether the resurrection really happened - which is that there were credible eyewitnesses who in fact, did see Christ after he rose from the grave. That is backed up very strongly by the fact that all of his disciples but one faced death because of their beliefs and yet they did not waver. (The one who lived to an old age was exiled for his beliefs). Perhaps one or two zealots might die for a cause that was not strictly rooted in truth - but every single one? Not likely.

Although the language in this book is formal and not the most exciting thing you'll ever read, as I said before it is immensely interesting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Moved the Stone?.