A J Hawke's Reviews > The Anonymous Bride

The Anonymous Bride by Vickie McDonough

Mar 31, 10

Recommended for: Anyone who wants a good fun read.
Read on March 29, 2010, read count: 1

What a fun read! I started this book with no knowledge of the author’s ability to create a story and characters that would keep me up half the night. After getting acquainted with Luke the town marshal, Rachel the owner of the boarding house, Rachel’s plucky daughter Jack, and the three mail order brides, I was pulled into the dilemma of the characters, and even the town of Lookout, Texas, of what to do with these three women, all claiming the marshal promised to marry them.

With the so-called help of relatives Garrett and Mark, Luke finds himself with three mail order brides that he did not order.

Luke also has the problem of needing to either forget the love of his youth, Rachel, or forgive her. His head says one thing, but his heart ... Continuing to carry a grudge is just too heavy for Luke, but how can he set it down?

Then there is Jake, a little girl that wraps herself around his heart. How can he help her to get beyond the hurts of the past?

And to top it all off, Vickie McDonough presents us with three mail order brides that are enough to try any upstanding marshal’s patience, especially when the whole town takes on the job of providing a solution.

I recommend The Anonymous Bride by Vickie McDonough as a good solid fun read. I look forward to the next book in The Texas Boarding House Brides Series from Barbour Publishing.
A J Hawke

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Anonymous Bride.