Kasia's Reviews > Pop Goes the Weasel

Pop Goes the Weasel by James Patterson

2087548
Mar 31, 2010

Read in June, 2009

The fifth installment of the amazing series doesn't disappoint, if anything it makes me want to get back into the complex lives of these strong characters the moment that last page is turned. These books have a tendency of sucking me in hard and fast and making my mind wander around the story line even when I'm not reading it. I think there are sixteen or so books now in this series and I am always trying my best not to peak at what they are about, spoilers galore can happen, so I try my best to know as little as possible about each before I start reading it. James Patterson did a great job of creating the Cross family, making the reader care and worry about them, after all when a detective is being stalked and harassed by crazed psychopaths his family fall prey to them as well, making me stressed out but completely absorbed into the plot.

This time the nemesis is not only dangerous and blood thirsty but seems to have no regard for his own life, the games is tastier when the stakes are ultra high, making Alex's life extra complicated, his good deeds seem to be turning on him when a suspect turns the tables, making a mockery of the trail, making people question whether Alex caught the right guy. Never mind that the evidence points to the truth, the dirty game of lies and deception has reached new levels, making this a tasty and intense read. The killer plays a game with 3 other shady characters, throwing dice to pick their next victim and ways of disposing them, whether the killings are random or planned, they send shockwaves through all the pages. Peace and quiet never lasts long at the Cross house, no matter what great things develop. At one point something happens to one of the characters that made me recoil in shock, adding an extra ounce of worry to the whole story line, I absolutely loved the ending and I won't pretend that I wasn't close to tears reading it. Well a few tears but still...I'm a softie deep down there somewhere. This book was really fun and crazy and thrilling and all the good things one looks for in a thriller. As always I recommend reading in order to get the most out of all the delicious mayhem that twists harder and harder with each novel. Patterson had managed to keep a hum over the whole tale with someone's tragedy and it really made the book better than I expected, I can't wait to read the next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pop Goes the Weasel.

Nailisse I left mine in an airplane while i was making a connection! Im soooo mad! Does Alrx and Cristine get married? Bcz i started the next ine and theres a baby and now im even more mad that i lost my book :(

Kasia Hi Nailisse.

Thanks for your comment, I was actually thinking of this book the other day, about how much I enjoyed it. I would suggest re-reading if you ever get a chance, the suspense parts were better than a movie. And his relationship definitely develops, yes they have a baby!