D.J.'s Reviews > Angel Star

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

3520896
May 28, 10

Read from May 26 to 28, 2010

Jennifer Murgia’s writing is fluid and all around great. She has an incredible sense of detail that allowed me to see the story and its characters very clearly in my mind. With Teagan, Ms. Murgia has created a wonderful narrator who has an authentic voice and is a character I can relate to. Thanks to Ms. Murgia's talent for characterization, the other characters are well-rounded and believable as well, even the supporting ones.

My favorite part of the novel is Teagan and Garreth’s relationship. No surprise there, right? Their relationship unfolds quickly, but because of their strong connection, it was never unconvincing. There’s this one scene where Garreth blocks Teagan from the mean girl’s view and it’s so subtle, but so sweet.

In addition to her great writing, Jennifer Murgia deserves a huge round of applause for her angel mythology. It stands out amongst the other angel-related books I’ve read and I love how thorough her mythology seems. I can only imagine how much work went into perfecting it and I can’t wait to read more about it in Angel Star’s sequel, Lemniscate.

Please don't hesitate to read this amazing novel! Not only does it have great writing and romance, it has a fair amount of action and an ending that will leave readers craving for more!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Star.

Quotes D.J. Liked

Jennifer Murgia
“I can't explain it too well. I picture myself being completely in tune with you. I breathe when you breathe. My heart beats when yours beats. I can time them perfectly to each other and then I just...slow it all down. It's really very easy." ~ Garreth”
Jennifer Murgia, Angel Star

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

i was not really sure i wanted to read this book but after reading all that i think im gonna give it a try!!!!