Abigail's Reviews > Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Apr 03, 10

Read from March 31 to April 03, 2010

Spoiler alert to anyone reading this!

What an unbelievable waste of time! Seriously, 756 pages to forever, how fucking cheesy. I've never finished a book more irritated in my life.

And the underlying prolife message to this book, this series, is annoyingly blatant. I'm going to agree with a fellow goodreader, this series is horrible for women!

I mean OF COURSE Bella would get pregnant so soon after she got married and want to keep the strange hybrid creature. I mean the language and vocabulary around the whole pregnancy was frustrating. I can't believe young teens are reading this. And worse, eventually will be seeing this horrible fiction at the movies.

Oh I can't wait for them to watch especially this scene for example, although there are so many to chose from:

-----------------
"Yes, it's killing her."
"So why hasn't Carlisle done anything?" I growled "He's a doctor right? Get it out of her."
He looked up then and answered me in a tired voice. LIke he was explaining this to a kindergartner for the tenth time. "She won't let us."
It took a minute for the words to sink in. Jeez, she was running true to form. Of course, die for the monster spawn. It was so Bella.
------------------

What a truly horrible introduction and gross simplification of the topic of abortion. Good grief! It's like the Pro-Life Action League's wet dream.

On top of that, from the 'imprinting' to Bella's stupid secrets to the creation and long description of conflicts that only ended up meaning nothing, what a waste.

Please, if you haven't read this book, take my advice and read something else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Dawn.

03/31/2010 page 500